January 24, 2011 18:34
Whew! I have just about recovered from our trip to LA for the Boom Boom Room Golden Globes gifting suite. We had so much fun. I took an all-star team - my mother and husband! We met a ton of neat people, learned alot about how to do a gifting suite well, and gave some super cute boos out.
I think these were the highlights:
- Listening to my mom explain the ins-and-outs of Makaboo to an enthusiastic and adorable Shar Jackson, knowing full-well that mom hadn't the foggiest idea who Shar Jackson is (if Meryl Streep had walked in, my mother would have said "she looks familiar")
- Bonding with our very fun neighbors from Baby Gourmet, a super cool Canadian organic baby food company that just struck a deal with Walmart
- Getting a little breathless from James Van Der Beek and his equally stunning wife, whose skin is like Edward Cullen's but more luminescent
- Meeting Jewel and getting excited about her baby bump
- Giving the Guncles (from Tori Spellings' Home Sweet Hollywood show) a onesie with a little chick and "power" on it for their gorgeous baby Simone (who really is gorgeous - I'm not kidding!)
- Catching Samantha Harris days before she gave birth to little Hillary
- Getting a kick out of Meet the Brown's Denise Boute giggling over a pair of Fancy Pants we had with a skull and crossbones on the bum, along with the word "Booty" - Boute, Booty!
Here are a few photos - check our facebook page for all photos from the 2-day event!
Chad Lowe in a Makaboo Baseball Cap
The George Lopez Show's Constance Marie
Californication's Evan Handler
The Guncles with Little Simone!
Jewel and Her Bun That Doesn't Show Yet, With Makaboo Piggy Hat